Analyst (Fall 2022 start date)
NewSpring Capital is looking for an Analysts to support its strategies. In this position, you will play a critical role on our team of investment professionals who help to source new deals and manage our existing portfolio companies. You will provide support throughout the investment process and be involved in all aspects of the investment lifecycle including sourcing, underwriting and execution, monitoring and exiting.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and analyze potential investment opportunities and structures
- Perform due diligence including creating investment models, market research, competitive analysis, etc.
- Generate investment memorandums and present directly to the Investment Committee
- Assist in portfolio management and monitoring with the opportunity to work directly with the C-level management teams of existing investments
- Help to prepare limited partner communications and valuation analyses
- Actively network and immerse self in the entrepreneurial business community
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed
- 1-2 years of work experience in a related finance position such as private equity, transaction services, investment banking, accounting, etc. Recent graduates with a strong internship experience will also be considered
- Passion for private equity with the desire to learn and be successful
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the desire to always go one step further to find the answer
- Team player who is always willing to step in when needed and be a part of our tight knit culture
- Detail oriented with a propensity for continuous improvement and learning from experiences
- Strong analytical capabilities. Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to be proactive and responsive in high-pressure situations
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate institution
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance concepts
About NewSpring Capital
NewSpring partners with entrepreneurs to catalyze new growth and seize compelling opportunities, creating measurable value and success for our business owners and Limited Partners. We foster deep and enduring relationships, hold ourselves to the highest standards, and align our goals and values with entrepreneurs, investors, and employees in pursuit of excellence. We manage over $2.5 billion across five distinct strategies covering the spectrum from growth equity and control buyouts to mezzanine debt.
All interested applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com and include all strategies that you would be interested in joining.