Portfolio Analyst, Mezzanine Strategy
NewSpring Capital is looking for a Portfolio Analyst to support its Mezzanine strategy. In this position, you will play a critical role in the management and monitoring of portfolio companies and the fund.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with portfolio company finance teams to obtain relevant data and financials
- Assist in quarterly reporting and portfolio company valuations
- Work with portfolio companies to track key performance indicators and credit statistics
- Work with deal teams to automate and streamline portfolio performance tracking
- Build and utilize financial models to track fund-level performance
- Prepare investor reports
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the desire to always go one step further to find the answer
- Team player who is always willing to step in when needed and be a part of our tight knit culture
- Extremely detail oriented with a propensity for continuous improvement and learning from experiences
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial modeling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to be proactive and responsive in high-pressure situations
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance concepts
About NewSpring Mezzanine
NewSpring Mezzanine provides a wide range of flexible mezzanine debt and equity solutions, combined with deep operational expertise for growing lower-middle market companies in resilient, expanding industries. We target companies with greater than $20mm of revenue and $2mm of EBITDA and we have significant experience in business and consumer services, niche manufacturing, distribution, and tech-enabled services. The Mezzanine strategy is currently investing out of Fund IV (~$365mm fund).
About NewSpring Capital
NewSpring partners with entrepreneurs to catalyze new growth and seize compelling opportunities, creating measurable value and success for our business owners and Limited Partners. We foster deep and enduring relationships, hold ourselves to the highest standards, and align our goals and values with entrepreneurs, investors, and employees in pursuit of excellence. We manage over $2.5 billion across five distinct strategies covering the spectrum from growth equity and control buyouts to mezzanine debt.