Thermacore Relocates Expanding Materials Technology Operations
December 16, 2014
Lancaster, PA, December 16, 2014 – Thermacore, Inc. (www.thermacore.com), a leading provider of advanced thermal and material solutions, is moving its Materials Technology division from Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania, to nearby Rostraver, Pennsylvania. The move into a larger, 60,000-square-foot facility brings with it approximately 40 new jobs and triples the amount of office and manufacturing space available to the expanding division.
Thermacore’s Materials Technology division provides advanced materials design, development, fabrication, testing and finished product manufacturing services for applications ranging from military/aerospace ultra-high speed flight vehicles and armaments to medical devices and electronics cooling products.
“We’re thrilled to be in the new Rostraver facility, where our materials development and aluminum vacuum brazing, heat treating and aging business has room to grow,” said Gregg Baldassarre, vice president, sales and marketing, Thermacore, Inc. “The Rostraver facility accommodates the expansion of our aluminum controlled atmospheric brazing (CAB) line, which supports the growth of our electronics cooling business. In addition, the new space enables us to grow our composites and high temperature materials development and fabrication activities. It promises to support our business well into the future.”
Conveniently located just 10 minutes from the Jefferson Hills location in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, area, the Rostraver facility offers volume production space, a high bay area to house vacuum brazing, heat treating and aging facilities, laboratory areas for material characterization and testing and twice the electrical power (10MW) as the previous facility for operating specialized furnaces and material processing equipment.
- Custom metal alloy development and processing
- Metal forming (forging, extruding, pressing, rolling, swaging)
- Metal joining (brazing, soldering, welding, adhesive bonding, diffusion bonding)
- Testing (tensile, creep, fatigue, fracture mechanics, helium and bubble leak, corrosion, thermal and hydraulic performance)
- Materials analysis (hardness, microstructural, scanning electron microscopy and residual gas analysis)
- Composite materials creation and fabrication, including graphite, carbon-carbon, ceramic matrix, glass (inorganic fiber), thermoplastic and thermoset matrix
- Manufacturing services, including product build-to-print, fabrication, assembly and system integration. Other related services include supply chain management, total quality assurance (identification of KPIs and ongoing measurement), product validation and performance testing
- Contract R&D and consultation services
The move to Rostraver began in August 2014, with most operations already in place, and is expected to be completed by March 2015.
Founded in 1970, Thermacore specializes in the custom design, development, and manufacturing of highly engineered thermal management and material solutions for a variety of OEM applications across a diversified set of global markets that includes Military/Aerospace, Computer, Communication, Energy Conversion, Medical, Transportation, Test Equipment, and Automotive. With over 40 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced solid conduction assemblies (k-Core® APG system and thermal straps), passive and active two-phase assemblies and systems (heat pipes, vapor chambers, loop heat pipes), liquid cold plates and active pumped liquid cooling systems, cabinet heat exchangers, and custom materials development, Thermacore brings unparalleled engineering design expertise, manufacturing experience, and thermal and material solution performance, quality, and reliability to these markets. Thermacore employs more than 180 employees at 5 facilities located in the United States (Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Langhorne, Pennsylvania, Rostraver, Pennsylvania, and Ronkonkoma Long Island, New York) and the United Kingdom (Ashington, Northumberland). Thermacore facilities are certified to AS 9100 Rev C., ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 quality standards. For information about Thermacore, visit www.thermacore.com.