NewSpring Seeks Healthcare Associate
January 29, 2020
Associate Position Description – NewSpring Healthcare
- The firm: NewSpring is focused on leveraging operational expertise and institutional capital to build market leading companies.
- The fund: NewSpring Healthcare is NewSpring’s dedicated healthcare strategy that partners with management teams to accelerate the success of differentiated healthcare companies, delivering capital for growth, recapitalizations, and mergers & acquisitions.
- The role: The NewSpring Healthcare team seeks an Associate to support a small and collaborative investment team in opportunity sourcing and evaluation, thesis development, financial modeling, and portfolio management. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with an interest in investing and the healthcare industry and working closely with management teams.
Primary Responsibilities Include (and are not limited to):
- Opportunity Evaluation: Using and refining existing tools to quickly and effectively evaluate potential business opportunities. The right candidate will be apt at gathering relevant data, citing sources and using Excel-based tools.
- Opportunity Sourcing: Outreach to companies and NewSpring’s network to source new opportunities to be evaluated for potential investment.
- Relationship Sourcing: Outreach to participants in healthcare ecosystem (payors, providers, investment banks, etc.) to further build NewSpring’s reach and value add to portfolio companies
- Thesis Development: Develop detailed market research about the opportunity, competitive landscape and attractiveness to key customer segments. Work with investment team to source potential investments in identified markets.
- Financial Modeling: Develop operating and returns models, answer important questions regarding the viability of business opportunities, and guide investment decisions.
- Portfolio Management: Work with management teams of portfolio companies to drive operational improvements, insights, and KPIs.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 - 6 years of progressive and relevant work experience, ideally from private equity, banking, accounting, or financial planning and analysis
- Healthcare services experience
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with the ability to model complex operating scenarios and acquisition structures
- High proficiency in excel with the ability to build detailed operating and returns models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly adaptable with the ability to operate successfully in a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to concisely and persuasively communicate value to a range of stakeholders from entrepreneurs to investors
- High level of integrity and a high degree of accountability
- Connection to the Greater Philadelphia area strongly preferred
Founded in 1999, NewSpring partners with the innovators, makers, and operators of high-performing companies in dynamic industries to catalyze new growth and seize compelling opportunities. We manage over $2.0 billion across four distinct strategies covering the spectrum from growth equity and control buyouts to mezzanine debt. Having invested in over 150 companies, NewSpring brings a wealth of knowledge, experience, and resources to take growing companies to the next level and beyond. To learn more, visit www.newspringcapital.com.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.