Managing General Partner
Michael DiPiano is Managing General Partner and co-founder of NewSpring. He is a General Partner of the Firm’s dedicated growth equity funds and serves as a member of the investment committee of all NewSpring funds.
Before co-founding NewSpring, Mike was a serial entrepreneur and investor. Mike has led or co-led investment into companies in the business services, healthcare, and information technology industries.
Previously, Mike was affiliated with Safeguard Scientifics Inc. from 1996 to 1998 (NYSE:SFG) and was a division CEO and Director of Chemical Leaman Corporation from 1990 to 1996. Mike began his career in 1980 with Baxter Healthcare Corporation (NYSE:BAX). He held numerous positions at Baxter, culminating as Vice President responsible for Operations and Sales of the Industrial Scientific Products Division.
He received a BS from Penn State University and an MBA from the Stern School at New York University.
ASSOCIATIONS & AWARDS
- 2018 PACT Legend Award
- Outstanding Directors, National Association of Corporate Directors and Philadelphia Business Journal
- Junior Achievement of Philadelphia Business Hall of Fame Honoree
- Chairman of the University City Science Center's Board of Directors
- Kimmel Center, Investment Committee Member
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, Regional Judge
- Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT), former Chairman
- Association for Corporate Growth, Philadelphia Chapter, former President
- Association for Corporate Growth former Global Board of Directors
‘Sweeping’ threat or ‘minor bump’? Philly investors weigh in on Silicon Valley Bank wreck
Why Philadelphia’s hard-working mentality is key to its business innovation success
How Philly locals came to build iPipeline, a software firm that sold for $1.6 billion
University City Science Center Names New Board Chairman
Hedge Funds Turn to Private Capital Playbook in Search of Assets
Matt Gillin, Co-Founder and CEO, Relay Network and Mike DiPiano, Managing General Partner, NewSpring Capital | Growing Greater Philadelphia