Steve Hobman is General Partner of NewSpring and a General Partner of the Firm’s dedicated mezzanine funds. He joined NewSpring in 2003 and was one of the founding partners of NewSpring Mezzanine.
Steve has more than 30 years of experience in the financing of middle-market and growth-stage companies and has provided more than $1 billion in such financing to these companies. For the 20 years prior thereto, he was a commercial banker at Meridian Bank, Progress Bank, and Comerica Bank. In 1996, he founded TechBanc, the venture lending division of Progress Bank, which was purchased by Comerica Bank in 2002.
He was also a co-founder of Ben Franklin/Progress Capital Fund, L.P., a private equity fund, in 1997 and NewSpring Ventures, L.P., NewSpring’s inaugural venture fund, in 1999.
Steve received an AB from Franklin and Marshall College and an MBA from West Chester University.
Associations & Awards
- Small Business Investor Alliance, National Board of Governors
- Small Business Investor Alliance, Northeast Regional President
- Neighborhood Health Agencies, Inc., Board of Directors
- Bringing Hope Home, Board of Directors
- Great Valley Chamber of Commerce, Visionary of the Year
- Association for Corporate Growth, Member, M&A East Program Committee
- Innovate Capital Growth Fund, Strategic Advisory Board